Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pipino Vegetarian : Where Healthy Meets Delicious

Last Saturday, my hon and I was looking for a place to have dinner but we do not want  the usual fast food or local resto that serve almost the same thing.  While browsing the net the other day, I found out that Pino Resto Bar in Teachers Village added a new joint to the family which they named Pipino Vegetarian Restaurant (Pipino is Cucumber in English).

We decided to give it a try.  Pipino is located at the 2nd floor of Pino Bar and Restaurant.  The ambiance is quirky, well-lighted with a classroom feeling.  They used blackboards for their menu lists.






The menu was interesting and sounded appetizing.  I’m really a carnivore type so this was a new experience for me. We ordered the Veggie Lasagna and Eggplant & Tofu Miso with Rice, home made lemon iced tea and vegan chocolate cookie. 






The food really tastes good.  Since I love tofu, I really enjoyed the Eggplant and Tofu Miso with Rice.  It actually tastes like it was cooked with coconut milk.  The Vegan Lasagna is awesome as well.  The diner stands that all their dishes are plant-based and do not contain any animals or animal by-products. I tasted cheese on the lasagna but it’s not actually cheese.  I think it’s made from soft tofu. Home made iced tea was ok but a bit sweet.  The cookie is just fine. I’m wondering how they baked it without butter?


Vegan Lasagna (Freshly cooked that's why it's still not firm)
Eggplant and Tofu Miso with Rice (not as presentable like on their  website but it tastes good)


The food experience was refreshing.  We enjoyed it.  Since I need to be more health conscious due to my condition, I think I’m turning vegan.  ( But I don’t know for how long. Hihi!)

If you would like to give this a try, Pipino is located at 2nd flr. 39 Malingap St., Teacher’s Village, Quezon City.  If you can’t live without meat, Pino Restaurant is just at the ground floor.


For more info. ('bout the store, menu and map direction), you can visit their site at:

No comments:

Post a Comment